Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Week to all!!!


I was browsing through my small stash of Ellen Clappsaddle postcards and came upon this little beauty to share...I know I am past the day, but wanted to just pause on this little beauty of nostalgia.
I'm sorry I have not been more available to blog...what can I say, my life these past few months have been so different. The experiences that I have had to go through are some in life I never wanted to. Didn't know grieving could be so complicated and with so much family drama. Then if that wasn't enough, my dear husband had a spell in the hospital with an inflammed pancreas. Sooo...I have been in "survival" mode mentally and physically. He is getting better and so far it is treatable, thank God. I found solace in all of your experiences in your blogs and really yearn for organization in my life. Hope I'm not sounding like a "downer", contrary, I am trying to stay uplifted and know that brighter skies are on the horizon. Thank you all for your prayers and support..Love each one and hope to share better, uplifting things with you soon. Really enjoy your comments and friendship. They keep me going.

2 comments:

  1. Mary...I'm so sorry you've been having such a time! Life can truly be tough sometimes.

    Yesterday I watched a rerun of Oprah. The lady who had her face ripped off by the Chimp was on there and somehow I managed to watch the entire interview AGAIN.

    Watching this brave,disfigured woman made me think how sometimes my life struggles and issues can be sooo incredibly heavy. They are all real, and like you, can get me down and shove me all out of sorts. It's part of my life, I suppose. All the more reason I need the Lord. But...at least I have my face and hands, you know?

    Anyway, I mention the lady with the Chimp because of what my Mr. AGPMan said to me..."Gosh...no matter WHAT we are going though it isn't that!" So, be encouraged. I would imagine if you could you would pick your struggles over those of anyone else.

    Love to you girly. Been missin' you.

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    I was so happy to see a post from you and to have you caome over and visit me and leave such a lovely message to brighten my day.
    I don't know what you are going through right now in your life, but I feel I do 'know' your spirit and that you are going to endure all of this with grace and strength and be an amazing example for your family. As I was sitting in church this morning, I was thinking of how very blessed I am and though some of my days are long and usually not my own, I would rather be living my life than anyone else's in that room. Sometimes it is not always easy to endure, but it always worth it.
    I hope all is going well for your husband and that his health is okay now. I can hardly believe you two will be celebrating 40 years together soon! What a blessing that is.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete