Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Love of Sewing!


I've got to say sewing is my passion. I love to design and create. I have sewn as long as I can remember. My mother taught me to embroidery at a very young age and she made me up a small box with the necessities to embroidery on my own. My grandmother seemed to be the "master seamstress" and her embroidery was impeccable. When I started 4th grade I attended 4-H classes and my very patient teacher, Mrs. Garcia actually taught me the fundamentals of sewing and from those classes I developed from there. I inherited the family "gene" of being a perfectionist, which can be very frustrating but important when sewing professionally. I have been blessed with my talent and thank God for all I enjoy. It brings me alot of joy when others find my work worthy of owning. I had the privilege of designing and creating for an upscale gift shop here in our local town.Sewing favorites...embroidery, counted cross stitch (my absolute favorite), designing and making each granddaughter a "blessing dress".

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ms. Mary...What a JOY to read about you sweet friend. Blessings to you as you create more and more beautiful treasures for family and friends. Like I've said before...you bless me. Love to you! Go BLOGGING! :) xox Reb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary...I've passed on an award for KREATIV BLOGGER for you! If you want to add it to your sidebar you can get the icon off my page. I think this will help you get your Blog going girlfriend! You are A VERY creative gal and the world needs to know.

    Hugs and love to talented you...Rebecca

    ReplyDelete