Tuesday, December 22, 2009

~~Some Christmas crafts~~

"The Stockings were all hung by the chimney with care"
A few years ago I received a request from a shop owner friend of mine here in town to make a "shabby" Christmas stocking for one of her patrons. She wanted a simple, yet elegant stocking with charm and lace. I love this beautiful rose cotton fabric and it was a hit with her customer. The quilted back side fabric was white and pink roses...it was lined in another rose ticking fabric. The lace toe had a vintage teardrop pearl danglie tied to the tip.


Below is a craft I picked up from one of my fellow bloggers that was suggested with candles. I put my own touches to them and created a special candle for a Christmas present for my cousin which is shown in the last picture showcasing a vintage picture of our grandmother...

Before I started, gathering my supplies.


Finished product, ready for gifts in several sizes...I found out I prefer the 4" pillar size.

The one I designed for my cousin...she has it on her dresser in her bedroom. I made the silk roses and added some millinery flowers in her favorite lavender color and also incorporated a lonely lavender colored faceted rhinestone earring that was our Grandmothers and is located on the top left. Not sure if you can see it in this picture.
It came out so pretty and she was so happy with it..she even cried. She said it would definitely be an heirloom to her. I have since purchased a cloche to go over the entire piece for protection.

Had so much fun making these up, decorating and designing...

No comments:

Post a Comment